Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Traditional Art

Despite my love for all forms of computer art, I do still enjoy putting a good old fashioned pencil to paper.  Most of the time when I do this I end up doing what I can best describe as free form doodling. I just start drawing without a specific final image in mind and a creatures or character more or less forms itself as I go.  Drawing like that has always been a great way for me to relax, but I also enjoy drawing with purpose.  A great example of that is Jessica Alba here.  I wanted to make sure I wouldn't get rusty seeing as it had been a couple years since I had finished my drawing classes at Saint Francis, so one day I sat down and after an accumulative 8 or 9 hours I finished the drawing you see here, and I was very pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment