Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Photoshop

I thought I'd kick of this blog with two examples of Photoshop work I've done in the past for fun.

The first on the left here is the result of some stray photography during a trip to the Art Institute of Chicago and some free time. I thought it was fun to have a twenty story man (Me) in such a casual pose.  What I think made the images fit so well together was planning the picture of me sitting thoroughly enough to be taken at the appropriate angle and matching the lighting conditions from the original picture.  Attention to details early on in projects like this make it come together much cleaner and easier at the end.

The second image is just an example of a project I colored in Photoshop. It started off as a freehand drawing with good old pencil and paper and I decided to scan it onto the computer in order to finish the drawing in color.  Doing smooth shading takes longer, but it's still fun to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment