Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Illustrator

 I think the Illustrator post is as good as any to follow up the Photoshop post.  Both images I have here started out as standard pictures I had found online.  The goal was to recreate the image using Illustrator so that instead of having a pixel based image that couldn't be enlarged without losing quality, I would have a vector based Illustrator image that could be enlarged to cover the face of the moon without losing any crispness to the picture.

The first one I did out of the two is the diamond. I was limited to only using simple gradients (a
shape that fades from one color to another single color) so i had to overlap and intertwine them in a way that gave the illusion of depth and radiance in the diamond.

When I was recreating the Bugatti in the second image I was using Meshes (a grid of many points where each point can have its own color assigned and the mesh as a whole can be bent and contorted) instead of simple gradients. The project as a whole was more or less a way to refine my skills with the program's tools and broaden my understanding of what they are capable of.

While the process is very time consuming on something as detailed as the car.. applying the same skills to a company's logo can turn a low resolution .jpg file that was barely large enough to print clearly on a business card, into something that can clearly stretch across a sign or even a billboard with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment